Developed in coordination with the DHS and DOD, DASSP recognizes the special security needs of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA).
We can help you comply.
We can help you easily comply by providing finger-print based Criminal History Records Checks (CHRC) as required by the TSA.
Give us a call at 1 (800) 788-3210. International Callers: 1 (703) 842-5317.
- TSA inspection of crew and passengers.
- TSA inspection of property (accessible and checked) and aircraft.
- The start and end dates of flight must be indicated on the TSA flight authorization.
- Identification checks of passengers by TSA.
- Submission of passenger and crew manifests 24 hours in advance of flight.
- Enhanced background checks for all passengers and fingerprint based criminal history records check (CHRC) for flight crew.
- Armed Security Officer (ASO) on board each flight.
- All operations are subject to cancellation at any time.
- All unscheduled operations to/from DCA require an FAA Slot Reservation.
Read the TSA Interim Final Rule (PDF 186 kb) that describes the DASSP rules.
To apply for the DASSP program as an aircraft operator and/or Fixed Base Operator (FBO), please contact the DASSP Program Office at (571) 227-1108. Once contacted, the Program Office will initiate the application process by providing the applicant with the necessary forms and corresponding instructions on the next steps.
The Approval Process:
- After TSA receives your FBO and Aircraft Operator Application and NDA, TSA headquarters will contact the appropriate TSA field office to establish a local point of contact. The local point of contact will liaise between the applicant and TSA headquarters to assist in the preparation for DASSP compliance.
- Once fully prepared, local TSA will revisit the operator for final review, and if fully compliant with the requirements, will notify TSA headquarters.
- Upon receiving notification from the local TSA field office that the operator is compliant with the DASSP requirements, TSA will approve the operator in writing and provide additional operating instructions.
TSA provides contact information specific to the various DASSP requirements:
- Questions specific to the Armed Security Officer (ASO) should be directed to the ASO program office by calling (703) 487-0044.
- Questions specific to the program requirements for aircraft operators or Fixed-Base Operators should be directed the DASSP program office by calling (571) 227-1108.
- Questions specific to TSA Flight Authorizations by currently approved DASSP aircraft operators should be directed to the Airspace Waivers Branch by calling (571) 227-2071.