DCA Access Standard Security Program
On Oct.18, 2005, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) officially reopened to general aviation traffic. Flights are permitted to/from DCA for Part 91 and Part 135 operators via the DCA Access Standard Security Program (DASSP). DASSP was developed by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to ensure all DCA operators have been properly vetted and adhere to a higher level of security standards.
DASSP Application Checklist for Operators
To apply for the DASSP program as an aircraft operator and/or Fixed Base Operator (FBO), please contact the DASSP Program Office by email at DASSP@tsa.dhs.gov
DASSP Background Check Requirements
TSA Fingerprint Guidance for DASSP
NATA Compliance Services (NATACS) can help you comply with DASSP. The following link is a TSA guide on how to complete the fingerprinting process for the Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) with NATACS.
- TSA inspection of crew and passengers.
- TSA inspection of property (accessible and checked) and aircraft.
- The start and end dates of flight must be indicated on the TSA flight authorization.
- Identification checks of passengers by TSA.
- Submission of passenger and crew manifests 24 hours in advance of flight.
- Enhanced background checks for all passengers and fingerprint-based CHRCs for flight crew.
- Armed Security Officer (ASO) on board each flight.
- All operations are subject to cancellation at any time.
- All unscheduled operations to/from DCA require an FAA Slot Reservation.
Read the TSA Interim Final Rule that describes the DASSP rules.
DASSP Gateway Locations
DASSP Gateway Locations (Updated May 8, 2020)
TSA provides contact information specific to different DASSP requirements:
- Questions specific to the ASO should be directed to the ASO program office by calling (703) 487-0044.
- Questions specific to the program requirements for aircraft operators or FBOs should be directed the DASSP program office by calling (571) 227-1108.
- Questions specific to TSA Flight Authorizations by currently approved DASSP aircraft operators should be directed to the Airspace Waivers Branch by calling (571) 227-2071.