NATA Compliance Services and its affiliates (collectively, “NATACS”, “we”, “our” or “us”) act as a trusted fingerprint facility for the Transportation Security Administration (“TSA”) with respect to a variety of personnel security screening programs regulated by ` We contract with businesses, self-regulatory agencies, and the government to provide various services for aviation industry workers and their employers, including, but not limited to, fingerprinting, background checks, drug testing, online employee security training, badging and credentialing and such other services (our “Services”).
Types of Information We May Collect
We collect the following information from or about you when you use our Services or access the NATACS Site.
Information Relating to Our Services: Generally, users access our Services and/or the NATACS Site for the purpose of providing information to a governmental agency (such as the TSA) or self-regulatory organization from whom they are seeking a status, license or certification, or an employer as a condition of employment, status or certification (their “Sponsor”). In order to provide our Services to you or your Sponsor, we may collect:
- Biographical Information such as your name, citizenship, date of birth, social security number, certificate/license numbers, age, employment/education history information;
- Biometric Information such as your fingerprints, photographic facial images or other biometric identifiers;
- Medical Information such as drug testing results;
- Contact Information such as your email address, phone number or physical address;
- Payment Information, including your credit card information.
You may, of course, decline to provide personal information to us, in which case NATACS may not be able to provide certain services to you, and this may make you ineligible for the status, license, certification or employment you are seeking.
Information that we collect through the NATACS Site: In addition to the information listed above, when you visit or make an account with the NATACS Site, we may collect:
- Account Information such as your username, email address, account password, personal identification number, system authentication information such as names of relatives;
- Cookies Information which can be used to uniquely identify your browser. We use both session cookies, which disappear after you close your browser, and persistent cookies on the NATACS Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the NATACS Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the help file directions in your web browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the NATACS Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information, which is information collected automatically by our servers when you visit the NATACS Site, including, information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Information that we collect when you contact NATACS via telephone: When you contact us via telephone, we may record and maintain a record of your call.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, we may use and disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- Sharing with your Sponsor. The information we collect from you may be shared with your Sponsor or any other agency, self-regulatory organization or employer from whom you are seeking a particular status, license, certification or employment, and/or in connection with enrolling and/or providing fingerprint and biographical information for Transportation Security Administration security checks or other third party security programs, employment investigations, criminal history records checks, review of available law enforcement databases and records and other governmental and international agencies, or similar services. One Sponsor, governmental agency or employer which has received your information in connection therewith may allow another Sponsor’s, governmental agency’s or employer’s use of your information obtained in connection with prior clearance of your security status to conduct their own security review. You should contact the relevant agency, self-regulatory organization or employer to learn how they will use and protect the personal information we forward to them.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, provide technical and customer support and process payments.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or anticipates acquiring, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company.
- Information Posted Publicly. Portions of the NATACS Site may provide you the opportunity to post information publicly. Note that, if, in connection with accessing or using any fingerprint submissions, drug testing, online and on-site employee safety training and any other services accessed by you, you then post any content on the NATACS Site, other than through the secure portion of the NATACS Site, such content becomes published content.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, discovery requests, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Changes to Your Information. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Except to the extent that our obligations to any agency, self-regulatory organization, employer or other third party requires otherwise, or your relationship with an agency, self-regulatory organization or employer requires us to retain information you previously gave us, you can also request that your personal information be updated or deleted at any time by contacting us using the information listed below in the Contact Information section. To protect your privacy and security, we take commercially reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections.
- Emails. We may email promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive or adjusting the settings in your account on the NATACS Site. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications. Note that you may not opt-out of service-related communications.
- Informational Text Messages and Calls. Occasionally, with your consent, we may send you informational text messages or use an automated system to call you for informational purposes, including, for example, to provide you with security alerts, upcoming event confirmations or information regarding the results of background checks. If at any point you no longer wish to receive these text messages or calls, you can adjust your preferences in your account settings, or contact us using the information below if you need assistance with this. You can also opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message that you receive from us.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Information for California Residents. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section below.
Privacy Act Notification
NATACS is subject to and complies with the Privacy Act of 1974 (the “Privacy Act”) and all applicable US government agency rules and regulations issued under the Privacy Act. The Privacy Act permits individuals to submit requests to government agencies for access to their personal information that is held by the government agency, and correction of inaccuracies in such personal information. The Privacy Act requires government contractors such as NATACS to assist government agencies in responding to these requests to the extent a requestor’s personal information is held by the government contractor. We cooperate with government agencies in responding to Privacy Act requests when we are required to do so by law.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Company, and you do so at your own risk. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The NATACS Site permits you to create an account. When you do, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you here, by e-mail, and/or by means of a notice on the home page of the relevant NATACS Site. Access and/or use of the NATACS Site following any modifications to the Privacy Notice constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by this Privacy Notice as changed.
Contact Information: Please contact us using the information below if you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or if you need help with your opt-in or opt-out choices (provided on the website):
Address: 9400 Gateway Drive, Suite D, Reno, NV 89521
Effective Date: This Privacy Notice was last modified October 30, 2023.
© 2021 NATA Compliance Services, LLC